Saturday, April 18, 2015

I was nominated for the Liebster Award for bloggers


The Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers from other bloggers to welcome newbies to the blogosphere.  It’s a way to not only recognize and promote new blogs, but to facilitate bloggers getting to know each other in the blogging community.
NOMINATOR CREDIT:
CIMIART

Thanks Owl. And now I'll answer your 11 questions--as well as try to think of people I can nominate.

  1. Name two things that you absolutely love about kdramas.
    *I love that they (usually) have a beginning, middle, and end. A frustration I have with US television is that often a series will just quit in the middle of a story, (Pushing Daisies, I'm still mourning you)--or go on forever.
    *It's like a whole new world (sing that in your best Aladdin voice) of stories, actors, writers, film makers, etc. has opened up to me now that I've discovered K-dramas.
  2. Name one thing that you absolutely hate about kdramas.
    *Noble idiocy. (Why, if you find out the man you love also loves you, would you FOR ANY REASON leave him?)
  3. What is one of your favorite books? Why?
    *A Wrinkle In Time (Because it was the first book I ever cried while reading.)
  4. If you could visit Korea, name three things you would like to see or places you would like to visit.
    *Gyeongbokgung
    *Jeju Island
    *The village where the 2 Days 1 Night cast were given pretend grandmothers.
  5. Is there a food you eat now because of kdramas?
    *I learned how to make Korean pancakes. (Extra bonus: I use my own garden produce.)
  6. Do you have any obsessions?
    *A better question would be am I not obsessive about anything. I obsess over way too much stuff.
  7. Other than kdramas, what else Korean do you watch/listen to?
    *K-Variety.
  8. Because of kdramas, I (finish the sentence)
    *I am closer to my family. We now all watch Running Man and discuss episodes with each other.
  9. Have you incorporated Korean words into your vocabulary? If so, which ones?
*Yes. Daebak. (My youngest daughter, who introduced me to K-Dramas, used inheritance money from her grandmother to visit her sister in China, Hong Kong, and Korea. While in Seoul, a native told her that her pronunciation was almost perfect. Mine? Not so much.)
  1. Night owl or morning person?
    *definitely morning.
  2. What kdrama genre(s) do you prefer?
    *rom com and historical


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Owl here. I had a blast reading your answers, Wag_a_Muffin, and love that Korean dramas have made your family closer. I don't know if you saw the most recent k-variety show, The Human Condition, but the theme was books and the guys (minus Taegyu) had an appalling lack of exposure to books/reading in general. Your book choice, A Wrinkle in Time, would be a fun and enlightening read for this group. Well, morning person, I am probably going to bed when you are getting up, so here's a passing hello to a day writer from a night reader! Thanks for participating, and happy K-blogging to us both!

Followers

About Me

I draw Korean Drama Cartoons.